Crimson-Spotted Rainbow Fish
Scientific name: Melanotaenia deboulayi
Other names: East coast drainage Rainbow
- Silvery, blue-grey with a luminous rainbow colouring on the tail. They have a red spot behind their eyes.
- Rainbow Fish are omnivorous fish, particularly suited for garden ponds and aquariums.
- Commonly 8-10cm, males can grow to 13-15cm. Fully grown in 6 months.
- Will breed in your pond.
- Can tolerate temperatures from 10°-34°c and pH from 5.8 – 9.0.
- Rainbowfish help Control mosquitoes by feeding on the larvae. Will eat small tadpoles.
STOCKING RATE IN DAM
2 fish per 1 sqm
(ex. gst and delivery)
Av Size. 0-50 50-500
4-6cm $2.50 $2.50