Scientific name: Maccullochella peelii peelii
Other common names: goodoo greenfish
- Murray Cod are Australia’s largest freshwater fish.
- A carnivorous fish, Murray Cod are a popular species for farm dams.
- Not recommended to be stocked with other fish due to their aggressive and territorial nature and large size.
- Murray Cod will breed in dams given suitable conditions.
- Size: Commonly 60+cm, 3-8kg, usually to 1kg in 12 months.
- Tolerates temperature from 8°c – 25°c and pH range between 7 – 8.
- Maximum recorded size 1.83m, and 113kg.
- Considered excellent eating below 8kg.
- Murray Cod are considered Australia’s No 1 freshwater angling fish – its power and endurance are legendary.
STOCKING RATE IN DAM
1 fish per 20 sqm (200/acre).
(ex. gst and delivery)
Contact us for availability
Av Size. 0-50 50-500
5-7cm $4.50 $3.00
7-10cm $5.50 $4.00