Scientific name: Scleropages leichardti
Other common name: Spotted Barramundi
- A carnivorous fish.
- Best to stock on their own as they are very territorial and aggressive toward other fish.
- Commonly 50-60 cm, to 90 cm & 4 Kg
- Not generally considered as a table fish.
- Tolerates temperature from 18°c – 27°c and pH range between 6.8 – 8.
- A great sport fish for anglers, they are spectacular jumpers. For this reason, if kept in an aquarium, there needs to be a suitably heavy lid to prevent them from jumping out, and care must be exercised when cleaning the tank.
STOCKING RATE IN DAM
1 fish per 10 sqm (400/acre)
(ex. gst and delivery)
Available to the public 6-8 weeks after Spring has begun for only a short period.
Av Size. 0-50 50-500
10-12cm $80 P.O.A
15-25cm $100 P.O.A
30-40cm $140 P.O.A