Scientific name: Oxyeleotris lineolatus
Other common names: Sleeper, Sleeper Gudgeon
- A bottom dwelling carnivorous fish.
- Sleepy Cod grow to around 500 grams in two years. Can grow up to 450mm in length and 3kg.
- Sleepy Cod breed in dams.
- Tolerates temperature from 22°c - 27°c and pH range between 6.8 - 8.
- A popular angling species but being slow moving, they don't offer a lot in the way of sport fishing, but are considered one of the best freshwater eating-fish around with sweet, white flesh.
STOCKING RATE IN DAM: 1 fish per 5 sqm (800/acre)
PRICING (ex. gst and delivery)
Av Size. 0-50 50-500
5-7cm $4.50 $3.00
7-10cm $5.50 $4.50