Scientific Name: Bidyanus bidyanus
Other common names: Bidyan, Black bream, Grunter, Murray Perch, Silver Bream
- Silver Perch are omnivores, and an excellent choice for dams as they are able to take advantage of more available food than a carnivorous fish.
- Silver Perch respond well to artificial feeding.
- Size: 1-3kg at rate of approx 600-800g/yr. Can grow up to 8kg.
- Tolerates temperature from 3°c - 37°c and pH range between 6.5 - 8.
- Considered good eating, but sometimes may develop a ‘weedy' flavour.
- Silver Perch are very popular with anglers - a hard, strong fighter.
STOCKING RATE IN DAMS: 1 fish per 2 sqm (2000/acre)