Scientific name: Scleropages leichardti
Other common name: Spotted Barramundi
- A carnivorous fish.
- Best to stock on their own as they are very territorial and aggressive toward other fish.
- Commonly 50-60 cm, to 90 cm & 4 Kg
- Not generally considered as a table fish.
- Tolerates temperature from 18°c - 27°c and pH range between 6.8 - 8.
- A great sport fish for anglers, they are spectacular jumpers. For this reason, if kept in an aquarium, there needs to be a suitably heavy lid to prevent them from jumping out, and care must be exercised when cleaning the tank.
STOCKING RATE IN DAM: 1 fish per 10 sqm (400/acre)