Scientific name: Cherax quadricarinatus
- Redclaw are omnivorous crustaceans.
- Particularly suited to dams in permitted areas or garden ponds and aquariums.
- Can grow up to 300-500g. Grows at the rate of 120g/year.
- Will not burrow into dam walls.
- Excellent eating
- Can tolerate temperatures between 10°c-34°c and ideal pH levels between 7-8.5.
- Redclaw Crayfish are native to the Gulf of Carpentaria and are subject to strict rules and regulations. Heavy fines apply for stocking in dams and waterways outside of permitted areas.