Scientific name: Macquaria Ambigua
Other names: Yellowbelly, Callop
- Golden Perch (Yellowbelly) are carnivorous fish and a popular species for farm dams.
- Size: Commonly less than 5kg (can grow to 23kg), usually taking 2 years to reach 600-800g.
- Please note: Golden Perch are difficult to train to accept artificial food.
- Considered good eating. Soft textured flesh.
- Tolerates temperature from 4°c - 37°c and pH range between 6.8 - 7.8.
- Golden Perch are excellent angling fish – strike hard, good fighters.
STOCKING RATE IN DAMS: 1 fish per 2 sqm (2000/acre)