Scientific name: Macquaria Novemaculeata
Other common names: Perch, freshwater perch, eastern freshwater perch
- Australian Bass are carnivorous fish and a popular fish for farm dams.
- Will not tolerate turbid water (water containing suspended clay particles).
- Size: Commonly up to 1kg, usually taking 2 years to reach 600-800g. Can grow up to 4+kg.
- Tolerates temperature from 10°c - 26°c and pH range between 6.5 - 7.8.
- Considered excellent eating.
- Australian Bass are a very popular angling species – hard striker and a tough fighter.
STOCKING RATE IN DAM: 1 fish per 2sqm (2000/acre)
PRICING (ex. gst and delivery)
Contact us for availability
Av Size. 0-50 50-500
3-5cm $2.50 $2.00
5-7cm $3.00 $2.50
7-10cm $5.00 $4.50